Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Book and The Worm

And so begins my book blog, "The Book and The Worm."

I have started this blog as an outlet for my love of books. I love to read - obviously - but my love for books goes deeper than that; there is a presence books have about them, a feeling they give off that makes them something of which it is worth taking notice.

I have an obsession with books. Old books and new books, lots of books together, stacked, in piles, alone on coffee tables and nightstands, sitting furtively on the corners of shelves and desks. I also have an obsession with the way books make me feel. There is a whole lifestyle-mood, one could say, that goes with books. It reminds me of the fall, is the fall, in essence, and evokes dead leaves tossed by an impatient wind and the momentary relief one feels when getting in out of the new cold, and craving a cup of tea and argyle socks.

So I dedicate this blog to this feeling, to books. And I hope you get some enjoyment out of it. Please, read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment